For a sample finished product, take a look at this PowToon I made to explain the concept of osmosis for a science class: http://www.powtoon.com/p/bMedJ0LEuid/
PowToon can be used in many ways in school. Students can use PowToon to:
- Act out a section from a story they are reading, or an alternate way the story could have gone.
- Re-enact a historical event, or make a pretend meeting and conversation between famous people in history.
- Make a short comic to explain a vocabulary word from class or a concept being covered in their current unit.
- Or it can simply be used as a fun and easy alternative to PowerPoint, Google Slides, and other multimedia slide show programs for any sort of presentations your students (or you) need to make.
- Create a free account, which can be done by simply linking PowToon to your current Google account.
- Then click “Start” to create a new PowToon. You can start with one of many pre-made templates or just go with a blank presentation.
- Add, edit, and rearrange slides.
- Choose items from content libraries if you wish to maintain a consistent theme, including characters, animated characters, props, markers, shapes, backgrounds, image holders, and text effects.
- Import your own images and sounds if you want.
- Arrange the items on the slides and on the timeline, including timing and transition effects.
- Set the PowToon to Movie mode (which plays straight through) or Presentation mode (where you can build in pauses for you to talk).
- Share the link or embed your presentation with others so they can view it.
To learn more about using this web app, PowToon provides several helpful tutorials videos on their site at: http://www.powtoon.com/tutorials
PowToon Edu integrates with Google Drive.Install the PowToon Edu web app from the Chrome Web Store.